On hillside behind Confucian temple of the way of one Gui of rooms of Chengguan Town of the county of Liuyang. Originally known as ” Chief’s gentle pavilion ” ,It is the annexe of Confucian temple, established in and cleaned the street (1843) in all 23 years ,Floor area is about 200 square meters. After the Sino-Japanese War of 1894-1895 in 1895 years, China further becomes foreign big powers’ colony. A group of kind and upright men saving the nation from subjugation and ensure its survival of duration are so angry as to initiate the reform constitutional reform activity. 1897 year, until swan,et al. borrow chief gentle pavilion to set up blow new the intersection of mathematics and hall in the Tang Caichang, the intersection of Europe and male genital Si Tan, set up and can be regarded as the skill school, in order to promote the constitutional reform of reform to move. In September of 1898, the Reform Movement of 1848 fails, the school is forced to close. Although the new mathematics hall runs for one year, get up ” It is a city atmosphere ” Function.
Characteristic: Modern the first school that study knowledge of western natural science held concurrently in Hunan
The circuit of playing: This school sits in the west eastwards, brick timber structure, enter five two times, the hard mountaintop, the roofing of small blue and green tile, seal wall on the volcano, the ground of tabia. The level ground is widened before the room, there is many one of big tree of fragrant Chinese catalpa, the branch and leaf is dense, planted many kinds of trees all around, the environment is peaceful and pleasant.